June 13th 2019

A good day
To get some chores done,
For anyone else.

Yesterday was a series
Of ridiculousness...

So,

Woke up late!
Could not find London medical
Because I was "thinking"
Not following the map,

Xrays done of back,
Kidneys and liver ultrasound done,
Back ultrasound done,
Causing what they think is
Piriformis syndrome which
produces an intense pain
deep in the butt cheek.
Suggested relief? Massage!
Hahhahhahahhahahha

Bladder not full enough
So we have to rebook that.

Question.
When one test says nothing
For 8 hours before do you not
Follow that instruction?
I did... apparently I should have
Drank a liter of water for the
Bladder test as instructed
And ignored the rule for the other test!
Doesn't anyone realize telling
A patient to fast and drink
Is polar opposite instructions?

Raced to the other side of Southdale
And grabbed a taco as I had NOT
Eaten anything since midnight,
And arrived at Remicade late.

Rushed to pee
(Cause my bladder was not full)
And got set up for the infusion.
Unfortunately
The first 2 tries to insert an IV
Did not work.
She was frustrated and my blood
Pressure was high from the stress.
She managed the their time.
Unfortunately in my bad arm.

My right arm was where
The PIC lines were placed during
My many hospitalizations
And there is nerve damage there.
The result is a sharp, frustratingly
Throbby kind of out of the blue pain.
Not sure how long it will last
As we have avoided using this arm
For the 7+ years!!!!

Had to pee again
Because my bladder
Was NOT full remember,
And when I returned
My blood pressure
Had pushed into the IV
And so another procedure to clear it
And get the Remicade running again.

Now I had a headache.
And my butt hurt.

Wow!
I have been infused over 70 times.
At $4000 to $12000 per infusion
Well, that's ridiculous!
Guess some people
CAN put a price tag on the life.

Finally was finished
And cleared to drive home.
Beautiful sunny day
Home, lunch, comfy, sofa.

Up and out to Valleyview
For the annual family bbq.
It was fun,
Dad got us a shady table.

Was given an award
By an anonymous staff member
For volunteer services.
I was not only surprised
But amazed what I did
Seemed this important to someone.

Headache continued
And I headed home to see John
Who was working on the 2nd gate.

Home, tylenol,
John got rid of the knot in my neck,
And relax on sofa.

Today is low key.
I have a few errands to run around 10
But no big plans for today...
Unless I run away.

Good morning from John Street

Comments

Popular Posts