It is 7:16am, and I am showered and "ready?" to drive Judy into London to catch her bus to Ottawa. I do not know when all this growing up happened, but it does not even phase me today as she announces that she has to get off the bus and transfer in Toronto. WHEN did that become ok in the stealth bomber mom world I live in?

sidenote: when accused of being a "helicopter mom"
  1. helicopter parent
  2. helicopter parent (also called a cosseting parent or simply a cosseter) is a parent who pays extremely close attention to a child's or children's experiences and problems, particularly at educational institutions. Helicopter parents are so named because, like helicopters, they hover overhead.

my friends quickly asked what I would be then..... a "stealth bomber mom?" while laughing at me while I double check Judy's whereabouts. 

stealth bomber parent
  1. stealth bomber parent is a parent who seems to use advanced technology to render it virtually undetectable to sight, radar, or infrared sensors to watch over and guard their child from any and all forms of perceived danger. Stealth bomber parents are so named because as such, they may hover overhead but no one knows they are there.


It has never been (thankfully) a trust issue with my daughter.
It is solely a protection pattern I have adopted.
When she chose to become an air cadet, I do not think either of us thought this was any different than ballet, gymnastics, basketball, swimming or tai kwon do. She would try it and move on after a year or two.
By the time we realized she was quite serious about joining the military out of high school, I think we had already accepted that she was going to be out of our controlling grasp more and more often. Does that mean I will not hover when she is around...................nope. It just means I am going to have to get my pilots licence and enlist if I do not let her spread her wings and fly.
My daughter wants very much to be a sniper and possibly a paratrooper.

I just want to protect her and keep her safe. 

It seems sometimes we are at polar opposite ends, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

Well 1 hour and 20 minutes and her bus should be pulling out. 1 hour and 21 minutes until I cry.

Comments

Popular Posts