July 6th 2020

Oh my!
I woke up tired
And it was almost noon!!!!!!

I got dressed and headed
To get this week's groceries,
Do some banking
And get John's car washed.

Home for lunch and a rest.

Off at 3:30
To get my car washed
And then headed for North London.

Remicade at 5pm
Except.......
Something "attacked me"
Right after the IV was inserted
And bloodwork done
I was hooked up 
To the IV antihistamine.

Suddenly,
I started sneezing, coughing
From a very itchy throat
And my eyes got super itchy
And swelled shut!

Well that's a new one!
And
A lovely issue to have
With the mask on!!!
I headed in to wash my face
(Especially cool my eyes)
And blow my nose.

The nurse kept an eye on me
And other than my eyes -
The symptoms faded away.
The infusion continued.

Once the IV was removed
I was made to sit
And wait out almost 40 minutes
To ensure they could allow me 
To drive home.

I got home
Put on pjs
And John finished making me
A pork chop supper.

I am going to rest out
Tuesday and try to recover
From heat stroke,
Some weird allergic reaction,
Really hot weather,
And a long weekend
Of visits and parties.

Good night from John Street


Comments

Popular Posts